1) Molecular Hematology: Qualitative to Quantitative Techniques. SH Khalil. Saudi Medical Journal, Vol 26, No. 10, 2005, p. 1516-1522.
1) Etiology of bacteremia in a referral hospital in Saudi Arabia. SMH Qadri, SH Khalil, S. Johnson, DJ Flournoy. Annals of Saudi Medicine.Vol. 7, No. 1, January 1987, p. 51-55.
2) Intestinal parasites: Incidence and etiology in over 1,000 patients at King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre in Riyadh. SMH Qadri, SH Khalil. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. 7, No. 3, 1987, p. 207-211.
3) Monoclonal gammopathy: Ten years experience at King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre. SH Khalil and JSH Tsung. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. 8, No. 1, 1988, p. 21-24.
4) Normal ranges for bone marrows differential cell counts in Saudi Arabians. SH Khalil Emirates Medical Journal, 9: p. 174-76, 1991.
5) Multiple myeloma: A review of 92 cases at King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. SH Khalil, A Padmos, P Ernst, HM Clink. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. II, No. 6, 1991, p. 642-46.
6) Immunophenotyping of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia in Saudi Arabia: Second Look. SH Khalil, MH Qari, JM Jackson, RH Pyle, H Solh, A Nasser. Leukemia Research, Vol. 18, No. 12, 1994, p. 881-883.
7) Immunophenotyping of acute leukemia at King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre. SH Khalil, JM Jackson, RH Pyle, M Robichaud. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. 15. No. 2, 1995; p. 137-139.
8) Bone Marrow Morphologic Findings in Patients with Human Immune Deficiency Virus (HIV) Infection. SH Khalil, R Nounou, H Frayha, M Halim, M Ellis, F Black. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. 16, No. 1 1996; p. 16-19.
9) Human herpes virus-8/ Kaposi’s sarcoma-associated herpes virus in organ transplant patients with immunosuppression. S Alkan, DS Karcher, A Ortiz, SH Khalil, M Akhtar, MA Ali. British J of Haematology, 96, 1997, p. 412-414.
10) Routine application of polymerase chain reaction in the diagnosis of monoclonality of acute leukemias. SH Khalil, K Siegrist, GT Roberts, A Al Nasser, H El-Solh. Laboratory Hematology, Vol. 3, No. 3, 1997; p. 243-247.
11) Detection of BCL-2 gene rearrangement in follicular lymphoma by polymerase chain reaction and chemiluminescence technique. SH Khalil, K Siegrist, MA Ali. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 4, 1997; p. 423-426.
12) Application of polymerase chain reaction to detect rearrangement of immunoglobulin heavy chain genes in lymphoproliferative disease. SH Khalil, K Siegrist, M Akhtar. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 4, 1997; p. 395-398.
13) Acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) correlation of morphology, immunophenotyping, cytogenetics and molecular studies. SH Khalil, R Nounou, A Iqbal, H Al-Omar, GT Roberts. Laboratory Hematology, Vol. 3, No. 3, 1997; p. 248-252.
14) Bone marrow examination in staging of lymphoma: Revisited. M Qari, SH Khalil, H Al-Humaidan. Saudi Med Journal, Vol. 19, No. 3, 1998; p. 447-451.
15) Diagnostic molecular oncology. Review of three years experience at King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre. SH Khalil, M.M. Mustafa, M Ayas. Saudi Medical Journal, Vol. 19, No.6, 1998; p.746-753.
16) Mutation of P16, p21 or Cyclin dependent Kinase 4 is Rare in Acute Lumphoblastic Leukemia. MH Qari, SH Khalil, M Kambouris, BF Meyer. British Journal of Haematology, Vol. 103, 1998; p.467-472.
17) Hemophagocytic Syndrome. TM. Owaidah, SH Khalil, MM Mustafa, M Ayas.Saudi Medical Journal, Vol. 20, No.1, 1999; p.63-66
18) Changes in hematologic parameters associated with liver transplantation. SH Khalil, NA El Hassan MA Rezeig. Saudi Medical Journal, Vol. 20, No.2, 1999; p.156-161.
19) Reference Range Values of Hematological Parameters in Saudi Arabia. AM Al-Buhairan, SH Khalil, OA Oluboyede. Saudi Medical Journal, Vol. 20, No.10, 1999; p.757-762.
20) Mean Density of Hemoglobin Per Liter of Blood: A New Hematologic Parameter With an Inherent Discriminant Function, O Telmissani, SH Khalil, GT Roberts. Laboratory Hematology, Vol.5, 1999; p.149-152.
21) Sinonasal T-Cell Lymphomas: A Clinicopathologic Study of a Possibly Distinct Entity. W. Mourad, M. Akhtar, SH Khalil, F. Dayel, A. Ali, A. Ezzat. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. 19, No.6, 1999; p. 484-489.
22) Tumor Necrosis Factor-Alpha and Interleukin-10 Secretion in Precursor B Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Functional Significance of Interleukin-12. Sed Raziuddin, Mohammed Anwar Iqbal, Salem Khalil, Abdul Karim Siraj, Abdul Islam Butt, Sultan Al-Sedairy. Laboratory Hematology, Vol. 8, 2003; p.59-69.
23) Transfusion-dependent Congenital Dyserthropoetic anemia successfully treated with Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation. M. Ayas, A Al-Jefri, A Baothman, M Al-Mahr, M M Mustafa, S Khalil, M Karaoui, H Solh. Bone Marrow Transplantation – Vol. 29; No. 8, 2003, p.681-682.
24) The Applicability of TCR Gene Rearrangement as an Adjuvant Diagnostic Tool in Skin
Biopsies of Patients with Cutaneous papers24T-cell Lymphoma. SH Khalil, I Hamadah. Saudi Medical Journal, – Vol. 27; No. 7, 2006, p.951-954.
25) Molecular Monitoring of Response to Imatinib (Glivec) in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Patients: Experience at a Tertiary Care Hospital in Saudi Arabia. SH Khalil, Khaled Abu-Amero, Fahad AlMohareb, and Naeem Chaudhri. Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers, Vol.14, Number 1, 2010.p67-74.
26) Hemopoietic Progenitor Cell (HPC) Enumeration: A Comparitive Study Between Flowcytometry and Sysmex XE-2100 Hematology Analyzer.SH khalil Barbara Geng. Journal of Applied Hematology. December 2010; 2(1):108-111.
27) Flowcytometric Screening for Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria Abnormal Clones.
SH khalil and Rania Balkhair.Journal of Applied Hematology. December 2010; 2(1):91-96.
28) Standardization of Molecular Genetic Tests for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia in Saudi Arabia.
SH Khalil, Hallah Aba Alkhail, et al (In Press).
29) Molecular Markers and risk-stratification of patients with acute myeloid leukemia .SH Khalil, Hallah Aba Alkhail, et al (In Press).
1) Polymicrobial septicemia due to Shigella flexneri and Pseudomonas aeruginosa first report. SMH Qadri and SH Khalil. Journal of the National Medical Association, Vol. 79, No. 12, 1987, p. 1289-1292.
2) Hereditary pyropoikilocytosis: Report of a case from King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Saudi Arabia, with thermal studies and scanning electron microscopy. SH Khalil and R Nounou. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. 11, No. 4, 1991, p. 475-477.
3) Acute myeloblastic leukemia (AML-M2) expressing CD 19 B-cell lymphoid antigen without myeloid surface antigen. SH Khalil, JM Jackson, MH Qari, RH Pyle. Leukemia Research, Vol. 18, No. 2, 1994, p. 145.
4) The Sebastian platelet syndrome: Report of the first native Saudi Arabian patient. SH Khalil, MH Qari. Pathology, Vol. 27. No. 2, 1995; p. 197-198.
5) Granular acute lymphoblastic leukemia: Report of two cases and review of the literature. LA Al-Gwaiz, A Al-Nasser, SH Khalil, MS Harakati, H El-Solh. Annals of Saudi Med, Vol. 16, No. 5, 1996; p. 573-576.
6) Primary T-cell lymphomas of the urinary bladder. WA Mourad, SH Khalil, A Radwi, A Peracha, A Ezzat. American Journal of Surgical Pathology, Vol. 22, No. 3, 1998; p. 373-377.
7) Multiple Myeloma with bone marrow crystal deposition and bone marrow fibrosis. GT Roberts, SH Khalil. Annals of Saudi Med Vol. 18 No. 5, 1998; p. 432-436
Letters to the Editor
1) Platelet pheresis and HLA-antigens in Saudi Arabia: SH Khalil. Letter to the Editor of Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. 8, No. 3, 1988, p. 232.
2) Evaluation of platelet aggregation in normal Saudi adults. SH Khalil, GT Roberts, and F. Conteh. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. 10, No. 4, 1990, p. 473-474.
3) Molecular diagnosis of hematological malignancies. CN Adra, SH Khalil and M Hannan. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol. 11, No. 6, 1991, p. 721-24.
4) EDTA dependent leukoagglutination. SH Khalil. American Journal of Clinical Pathology, Vol. 96, No. 1, 1991, p. 147-148.
1) PCR in situ hybridization: protocols and applications, 3rd Edition, Edited by Gerard J. Nuovo. Annals of Saudi Medicine, Vol.17, No. 4, 1997; p. 491.